Friday, November 19, 2010

And the black bird flies



Title: Crows Zero (クローズ ZERO/热血高校)

Status: Based on Takahashi Hiroshi's manga, Crows, two films have been produced: Crows Zero (2007)& Crows Zero II (2009).

Summary:
Classic high school (mini-?) yakuza story. Meet Takiya Genji, son of a yakuza boss. As an agreement, he must conquer Suzuran high school (local all boys school famous for its, you guessed it, violent boys) by graduation in order to inherit his father's group, a task even his father failed to do in his time. So he transfers to Suzuran in his senior year and begins his conquest.

Crows Zero II features Suzuran against another notorious badass school.




Commentary:

If you love violent boys hitting it off (take it as you wish) then this is a must watch.

Personally, as an ubber (yes, already totally obsessed) fan of ヨネダ コウ (
Yoneda Kou,) I had to read sensei's Crows Zero doujinshi, Borderless. And needless to say, I totally fell in love with it. That's why I had to go watch the two movies and fill myself up with the original work.

Aside from all the violence and the overboard with the fake blood, these 'underaged' children smoked way too much. Almost every screen shot had whoever on screen smoking away, I understand it's badass but I am pretty sure by twenty-five, all of them will see each other at the lung-cancer ward DD:

But badass children are badass and we all love bad boys, especially when they are all cute with each other. Yes, it's undeniable, with an all-boys school, you can't get away from the boys-on-boys, it's almost too sweet when they aren't smashing each other's faces with their fists. ;D



When I watched Crows Zero II (I didn't even bother looking at the poster, I just went ahead and download) I almost squealed out loud when Miura Haruma appeared! V V~ *Rant ahead: I am not sure whether I have mentioned this, but since Bloody Monday, I have been a sincere fan of his~ Playing a year-one student in the neighbouring school Suzuran goes up against, he has quite a minimal part. But the last part where he fights just totally killed me (he was too cool!) Honestly speaking though, this school is a monk-school, everyone else aside from these six are bald faceless people in gray jump suits... (↓Haruma is on the far right. v)


6 comments:

cheezy said...

<3 I haven't read Yoneda Kou's doujinshi of Crow Zero, but I watched the movie. :D I thought the bashing part looks fake but still awesome XD

Kuro said...

-nods nods- Boys dominating more boys can only be described as awesome XD You need to read the doujin, it is too cute ;DD

follow_the_white_rabbit said...

loved the movies
they give me the rush of wanting to kick some ass >:D

Kuro said...

They give me the rush of wanting to write some mad BL fic for them -shot- XDD

follow_the_white_rabbit said...

links :3?

Kuro said...

Sure~ ;D I have 2 fics, ring of red and fair fight, its at my fc2 blog: http://kuroc49.blog128.fc2.com/ :DD