Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Love Breaks My Heart



Title: Brokeback Mountain

Status: Based on a short story of the same name by Annie Proulx. Released on Dec 2005.

Summary:
The gay cowboy movie? Not at all. It is the story that follows two young men meant for the set life (rough jobs, marriage, then children) until the summer of 1963 when they first met up on Brokeback Mountain and found love in the other.

Commentary:
I know I am like eons late for this considering how openly gay (??!) I am. XD But truth be told, I have only watched it last night for the very first time. I have read the short story a while ago but knowing how bittersweet it was I had to wait before I break my heart in half again with the movie. I thought I would be fine (after so long) but it still gave me a clench in the heart and got me all teary eyed in too many bittersweet parts of the film.

A must watch, BL fangirl or not because it is not a film trying to be anything else besides the love story that it is.


No comments: